Sealed tenders for annual contract for providing the potted plants, supply of cut-flowers, horticultural maintenance works, filling water & flowers (petals) in 04 nos. of Water Bowls (Hurli) in the premises of Nirvachan Sadan are invited under two bids system i.e. Technical Bid and Financial Bid. The interested agencies are advised to submit two separate sealed envelopes super scribing “Technical Bid for horticultural items & maintenance works in Election Commission of India” and “Financial Bid for horticultural items & maintenance works in Election Commission of India”. Both sealed envelopes should be kept in third sealed envelope superscribing “Tender for providing the potted plants, supply of cut-flowers, horticultural maintenance works & filling water & flowers (petals) in 04 nos. of Water Bowls (Hurli) etc. in the Election Commission of India”.
2. The interested firms/agencies may submit the tender documents complete in all respect alongwith other requisite documents by 17.02.2020 upto 3.00 P.M. to the Under Secretary, Election Commission of India, Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110 001. The sealed tenders will be submitted in the R & I Section located at ground floor of the Nirvachan Sadan building. Late/delayed tender shall not be accepted after due date and time of submission of tender. The Election Commission of India will not be responsible for the postal loss/delay.
3. The conditional bids shall not be considered and will be out rightly rejected in very first instance.
4. All entries in the tender form should be legible and filled clearly. If the space for furnishing information is insufficient, a separate sheet duly signed by the authorized signatory may be attached. No overwriting or cutting is permitted in the Financial Bid Form. In such cases, the tender shall be summarily rejected. However, the cuttings, if any, in the Technical Bid application must be initialled by the person authorized to sign the tender bids.
5. The Technical Bids shall be opened on the scheduled date and time i.e. 17.02.2020 at 4.00 P.M. in Room No.209-E (2nd Floor), Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi, by the Committee appointed for the purpose by the Commission in the presence of the representatives of the tenderers, if any, who wish to be present.
6. The Financial Bids of only those tenderers will be opened whose Technical Bids are found in order. The date for opening of Financial Bids shall be intimated separately. The Financial Bids shall be opened by the Committee appointed for the purpose by the Commission in the presence of those tenderers who may choose to be present.
7. The tenderers can submit the bid either directly or through their authorized representatives. In case, the tender is submitted by the authorized representative of the tenderer, then the tender shall be signed and submitted by authorized representative under legal power of attorney from the tenderer.
8. The cost of tender is NIL. The tender documents are not transferable.
9. The undersigned shall be accepting officer and herein after referred to as such for the purpose of this contract.
10. The tenderer shall submit the following with the Technical Bid :-
a) Copy of PAN/GST
b) Copy of the Income Tax Returns of last three years
c) Copy of TIN No.
d) One single work order worth Rs.20,000/- has to be submitted.
e) The tenderer who fail to submit the documents mentioned above shall stand disqualified for the Financial Bid.
11. The competent authority of the Election Commission of India reserves the right to accept or reject part or whole of the tender without assigning any reason whatsoever.
12. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Election Commission of India will be final and binding.
13. The successful bidder shall furnish Bank Guarantee worth Rs.40,000/- (Rupees Forty Thousand only). The Bank Guarantee must be in the form of Bank Drafts/Bankers Cheques drawn in favour of “Under Secretary, Election Commission of India” from Nationalized Bank payable at Delhi. The Bank Guarantee shall remain with Election Commission of India for 12 months and shall be liable to be forfeited on default on part of the contractor/vendor.
14. Detailed information and terms and condition can either be obtained from the Section Officer, Services & Maintenance Section, Election Commission of India, Room No.209-E (2nd Floor), Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001 or downloaded from the Commission’s website i.e. eci.gov.in.
15. The rates quoted shall cover for all tools and plant and everything necessary for proper execution of the work to the entire satisfaction of the Commission and no escalation due to increase in price of material/labours shall be made.
16. Payment will be made on monthly rental basis for each type of potted plants on the basis of the number of each type of potted plants placed in Nirvachan Sadan during each month which are found to be acceptable to the Commission according to the terms and conditions.
17. The contract shall be valid for one year from the date of signing of the agreement which may be extended by another two years, subject to satisfactory performance of the Nursery.
18. The Commission reserves the right to unilaterally cancel/terminate the contract at any time during the period of contract without assigning any reason.