By E-Mail/Speed Post
ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA
NIRVACHAN SADAN, ASHOKA ROAD, NEW DELHI -110001
Dated: 9th November, 2019
The Chief Electoral Officers of
1. Haryana, Chandigarh, and
2. Maharashtra, Mumbai.
Subject: - Special Summary Revision of Photo Electoral Rolls w.r.t. 01.01.2020 as the qualifying date and Elector’s Verification Programme - regarding.
1. Letter No.23/LET/ECI/FUNC/ERD-ER/2019, dated 25.07.2019
2. Letter No.23/2019-ERS (Vol.-III), dated 31.07.2019
3. Letter No.23/LET/ECI/FUNC/ERD-ER/2019, dated 02.08.2019
4. Letter No.23/2019-ERS (Vol.-III), dated 30.08.2019
5. Letter No.23/2019-ERS (Vol.-III), dated 28.09.2019
6. Letter No.23/2019-ERS (Vol.-III), dated 12.10.2019
I am directed to state that as per existing policy, revision of electoral rolls with reference to 1st January of the coming year as the qualifying date is done in later part of each year in all States/UTs (normally in the last quarter of a year). Since general election to Legislative Assemblies of Haryana and Maharashtrahave recently been concluded, the commission has decided that a Special Summary Revision be undertaken in the States of Haryana and Maharashtra to give opportunity to the left out electors and new electors who are going to be eligible for enrollment with reference to 01.01.2020as the qualifying date. The Commission, taking all aspects into consideration, has directed to undertake Special Summary Revision of Photo Electoral Rolls of intensive nature w.r.t. 01.01.2020 as qualifying date in the States of Haryanaand Maharashtra as per the schedule below:-
Pre- Revision activities:-
Elector’s Verification Programme (EVP) in a campaign mode with the help of SVEEP and other pre-revision activities including rationalization of polling stations.
From 11.11.2019 (Monday) to 20.12.2019 (Friday)
Publication of Integrated draft electoral roll
On 30.12.2019 (Monday)
Period for filing claims & objections
30.12.2019 (Monday) to
Special campaign dates
04.01.2020 (Saturday) &
11.01.2020 (Saturday) &
Disposal of claims and objections
By 10.02.2020 (Monday)
Checking of health parameters and obtaining Commission’s permission for final publication
By 20.02.2020 (Thursday)
Updating database and printing of supplements
By 26.02.2020 (Wednesday)
Final publication of electoral roll
On 02.03.2020 (Monday)
2. The Commission has decided that the revision shall be a Special Summary Revision with reference to 01.01.2020 as the qualifying dateand shall be undertaken as per the above schedule, in accordance with provisions contained inManual on Electoral Roll, 2016 along with subsequent relevant instructions.
3. The CEO shall go through the schedule and if any minor change in the above schedule is required, a request should be made with full justification to the Secretary/Pr.Secretary in charge of the concerned territorial division in the Commission,for the Commission’s approval within seven days from the date of issue of this letter. No change in the schedule approved by the Commission will be permitted, thereafter.