About This File
cVIGIL Investigator allows Field Unit to promptly investigate MCC/Expenditure violation incidents, based on citizens’ inputs accessed in real time on their mobile devices.
Citizens’ complaints on model code of conduct violations are lodged on cVIGIL Citizen App before they get assigned to respective Field Unit on authorization from District Controller. The application automatically fetches the GPS location of your mobile while replying to any complaint. The cVIGIL Investigator App cannot be used for lodging any complaint/ grievance on any matter pertaining to Election Commission of India.
All the complaints provide geographical coordinates via Global Positioning System to help the unit identify the incident spot to start investigation. After completing the investigation on the complaint, the Field Unit submits status report along with evidence to respective Returning Officer. cVIGIL Investigator is used during election period that commences from the date of notification of election. It can be used by Field Unit comprising of Flying Squad Unit (FST), Video Surveillance Team (VST), MCC Enforcement Squad (MES) and Reserve Force/Staff.
Points to Remember:
- The investigator application requires active 3G/4G connection and GPS navigation. Further the application consumes high amount of battery because of utilization of GPS in a high accuracy mode. Therefore it is advisable that sufficient power backup facility.
- The investigator app even though its closed will continue to run in the background and send current locations of the investigator into district controller application. Therefore the user of investigator application should remember to keep data connection and GPS always on.
- The application actively sends the push notification to the mobile application as an when the new cases are received.Therefore it is important to keep the notification mode on active status.The phone should never be switched off during the field duty.
- This application is compatible with 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and above Android version device, application should have access to good internet connection and GPS should be enabled. To enter into the app, enter 4 digits OTP received on Phone.
- If the user is inspector, he/she needs to enter a pre-shared pin by magistrate. Pin is available with the magistrate, both in the SMS received and the app after the magistrate has logged in.
- The “Car” icon in the application represents the location of your Field Unit. Field Unit will receive notifications for any incoming assignments under the title Push Notification.
- A Field Unit will have to accept or reject a case assigned to them via cVIGIL Investigator App.
- They will see three icons to identify complaints in different stages of action. New: is denoted by Blue mark. Accepted: is denoted by Purple mark. Overdue: is denoted by Red mark.
- Once Field Unit accepts the case, it turns to purple. Red mark represents overdue cases of Field Unit left unattended more than 30 minutes.
- The investigator will have to accept or reject the case within 15 minutes of having been assigned. Further within this 15 minutes,the investigator should reach the incident spot.
- Enter your report and there is a minimum limit of 25 characters here. Also, please ensure to attach at least 1 photo or document (Maximum 10 photos/documents) while submitting report.
- A Field Unit can click on Suo Moto Report if it notices a MCC/Expenditure violation incident and wants to immediately send their reply to the returning officer.
- This Suo-Moto reporting by the investigator unit will not run through ,the field unit assignment from district controller and will be assigned directly to the returning officer for deciding.
- In such a case cVIGIL Id will be generated by investigator themselves.
Note: Live photo and saved pdf document can be uploaded.