About This File
Dated: 12th December, 2019
Peaceful Voting in Phase III of the General Election to the Legislative Assembly of Jharkhand, 2019
The Third Phase of election took place in 17 Assembly Constituencies (ACs) covered in 8 districts (Koderma, Hazaribagh, Chatra, Ramgarh, Giridih, Bokaro, Seraikella-Kharsawan and Ranchi) on 12.12.2019.
The poll today went off peacefully, without any incident, with very enthusiastic participation of voters including PWDs, senior citizens, youth etc.
Important Highlights are:
- • 5,342 out of 7,016 polling stations (more than 76.14%) were categorized as critical; adequate security arrangements were made.
- • 188 polling stations required dispatching polling teams two days in advance.
- • 3 choppers were deployed to drop 160 polling personnel.
- • This phase covered 56,18,267 voters, including 10,365 service voters and 63,616 PwD voters. 309 Candidates including 32 female candidates are in fray.
- • 7,336 Volunteers facilitated bringing PwD voters from their houses to the polling stations. 1,953 vehicles were deployed to facilitate their transport. 3,581 wheelchairs were provided at the Polling Stations.
- • The Commission put in place an elaborate mechanism to curb the misuse of money power. Total value of seizures across the State till today is Rs 16.75 Crores.
- • The newly developed Booth App to let voters know about the number of voters in the queue was used successfully in three Assembly Constituencies of Phase-III, viz., 23-Ramgarh (405 polling stations), 25-Hazaribagh (486 polling stations) and 63-Ranchi (370 polling stations).
- 1. Approx. Voter Turnout figures (at 5.00 PM) :
At the time of release of the Press Note, the voting in some of the Polling Stations was still going on. The final Voting Turnout will be known after the verification and scrutiny of Presiding Officers’ Diaries and other documents. As of reports received till 5.00 pm, the approximate voter turnout figure for the 17 ACs of 3rd phase today is 62.03%. The final voter turnout in LAE 2014 for these 17 ACs was 64.02%.
- 2. EVMs & VVPATs :
No complaint regarding EVM/VVPAT have been reported during the poll today. Across the 17 ACs today, as per figures received till now only 0.43% BUs, 0.44% CUs and 1.13 % VVPATs were replaced during the poll.
What's New in Version
Hindi version added