About This File
Commission's Order dated 15th October, 2019, regarding identification of electors at the current bye-elections to the State Legislative Assemblies of Kerala, notified on 23-09-2019 from 01-Manjeshwar, 82-Ernakulam, 102-Aroor, 114-Konni, & 133-Vattiyoorkavu Assembly Constituencies in the State of Kerala.
The Commission has directed that all electors in the above said bye elections, who have been issued EPIC have to produce the EPIC for their identification at the polling station before casting their votes. Those electors who are not able to produce the EPIC shall produce one of the alternative photo identity documents mentioned in paragraph 7 of the Order for establishing their identity. The list of documents is reproduced below for clarity:
- Driving License;
- Service Identity Cards with photograph issued to employees by Central/State Govt. PSUs/Public Limited Companies;
- Passbooks with photograph issued by Bank/Post Office (except passbook issued by Co-operative Banks of Kerala);
- PAN Card;
- Smart Card issued by RGI under NPR;
- MNREGA Job Card;
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour;
- Pension document with photograph,
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
- Aadhaar Card.
Overseas electors shall have to produce their original passport only for identification.