About This File
By e-mail/Speed Post
ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA
No.23/2019-ERS (Vol. III)
Dated: 31stJuly, 2019
The Chief Electoral Officers of all States & UTs
(except Haryana, Jharkhand and Maharashtra)
Subject: - Special Summary Revision of Photo Electoral Rolls w.r.t. 01.01.2020 as qualifying date - regarding.
I am directed to refer to the Commission’s two letters of even no. both dated 25.07.2019 on the subject cited communicating schedule for the SSR of Photo Electoral Rolls w.r.t. 01.01.2020 as qualifying date and detailed instructions/guidelines for pre-revision and revision activities. As mentioned, the Commission has directed to launch a special Electors Verification Programme (EVP) during the pre-revision period in a campaign mode with the help of comprehensive SVEEP.
2. In this connection, a Video Conferencewas conducted by Dr. SandeepSaxena, Sr. DECwith all CEOs (except Maharashtra, Haryana and Jharkhand) on 30.07.2019 in which all active points, expected outcomes and processes were discussed, in detail.
3. Based on suggestions received from CEOs,the Commission has decided that the Electors Verification Programme (EVP)will be conducted from 16.08.2019 to 30.09.2019. The Commission has directed that during period 01.08.2019 and 15.08.2019, following activities will be completed:-
· For educating citizens, leaders and other stakeholders, SVEEP plan with appropriate radio jingles, posers etc. will be prepared and it may go live in media at the time of launch.
· DEOs and CEOs may hold meetings with political parties and other stakeholders to brief them about EVP and invite them to extend their full cooperation.
· CSCs and Voter facilitation centreswill be established to give facility for verification to citizens. As per the directives of the Commission contained in letter No. 23/CSC/2019 dated 27thMarch, 2019, CSCs have been approved for empanelment. However, wherein CSCs are not available or any other state specific centres are performing better, CEOs are empowered to consider them along with CSCs to provide similar citizen services. After meetings with CSCs/ othercentres, the reasonable rates and terms conditions will be determined by CEOs, for providing various services to citizens, as already approved by the Commission for CSC. CEOs will ensure that there would be one centre for each villagePanchayat. A list of such identified facilitation centres may be published and displayed on website prominently for better outreach.
· Wherever internet/mobile connectivity is poor orCSCs/facilitation centers/ are not available in sufficient number, CEOs are permitted to use services of volunteersto collect electors information for EVP through registered handheld devices (owned by them or provided by CEO and DEO). CEOs are authorized to do so under intimation to the Commission after due diligence in their selection. However, verification will be done by BLOs only.
· Cascaded training to DEOs, AERO, election officers, BLO supervisors and BLOs may be conducted between 6th to 12th August, 2019 using ACLMT, DLMT and SLMT. SLMTs will be trained by ECI(IT and ER division) between 02.08.2019 to 05.08.2019 through Video Conference.
· District Contact Centresmay be activated by 15.08.2019. The staff at DCC, CSCs and selected volunteers, if any, would also be given suitable orientation for effective implementation during this period.
· BAG, local authorized, RWA campus ambassadors may be actively involved for sensitization and mobilization activities under EVP. They may be involvedfor collection of information, however, verification will be done by BLOs only.
· For the sake of accuracy (avoiding mistakes on data entry by DEO at ERO office) to the possible extent,information collection and verification etc. may be done digitally. Therefore, tech savvy BLOs may be selected by DEOs and EROs under guidance of CEOs and theymay be used for verification.
4. It is further directed to undertake identification and appointment of representatives of political parties at state level, district level and AC level and to ensure that political parties appoint BLAs for booth level through NVSP.
5. The political party representatives at AC, district and booth level (BLA), will be given “view only” facility on NVSP under their representative login, wherein they would be able to see the programme/information relating to ER activitiessuch as Form 9, 10, 11, 11a, lists of objections and orders passed by ERO, within the period where objections can be raised. This would keep political parties informed will in time.
6. The Commission has further directed that names of electors deleted till the date of draft publication shall be conspicuously displayed on websites of CEOs and DEOs and also the concerned elector shall be informed, well in time, so that he/she may have sufficient time to make appeal, if needs so be.
(NARENDRA N. BUTOLIA)