About This File
Note on Electors Verification Programme (EVP), Pre-revision Activities and SSR 2020
- Instructions on EVP and SSR 2020 issued on 25th July 2019.
- Supplementary letter giving details on the operationalization of EVP were issued on 25th July 2019.
- Discussion with CEO MP and DEOs of Bhopal and Indore done and feedback taken by Sr. DEC SS on 26th and 27th July 2019.
- Video Conference with CEOs on EVP, Pre-revision Activities and SSR 2020 was conducted on 30th July 2019 by Sr. DEC SS, PS NNB and Dir IT. (Minutes enclosed)
- As suggested by CEOs during VC, letter containing revised EVP schedule etc. was issued on 31st July 2019.
- Discussions with representatives of CSCs and e-Mitra of Rajasthan were done on 1st August 2019 by Sr. DEC SS and Dir IT.
- Discussions were held with Dir NeGD for provision of gateway for NVSP/Voter Helpline App involving Umang Platform without sharing/ routing of Data.
- Possibility of fetching verified documents from digi-locker through Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) mechanism avoiding physical uploading.
After finalizing the technical modalities, separate proposal would be submitted to Commission on point 7 and 8 above, for consideration and approval.
A. Plan of Action for rollout of EVP and Pre-revision activities
1. List of SVEEP Activities to be done at ECI level before Roll out (Action -SVEEP divn, Training Division along with ER and IT/ICT Divn):
- Collection of available SVEEP Material for ERs. NERP. NERPAP, SSR etc
- Preparing Standard Advertisements, Banners, jingle etc. by modifying existing and designing new
- Preparing audio visuals or audio and text material for Radio Jingle, Social media and You tube
- Preparing Common Advertisements for release on 16/08/2019 and to be released with modification on 31st August and 15th September 2019
- Preparing general framework for engagement with RWAs, Campus ambassadors, ELCs, BAGs etc.
- A group of CEOs may be identified to monitor and finalize all the above which would Include nearby CEOs such as Delhi, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, MP.
- Preparing Training and Capacity Building Material for each of the official involved with EVP.
- Arranging for conduct of training of SLMTs by ER and IT division on 7th August 2019.
2. Modification in the Portals and Apps to be done by IT/ICT Division along with ER Divn.
- Incorporating in NVSP all features and facilities a required under EVP on or before 5th Aug 2019
- Incorporating all features in Hybrid BLO App for EVP on or before 5th Aug 2019
Preparing all necessary processes and UI on ERONET for EVP to roll out on 12th Aug 2019
( by 5th Aug development server to be set up for training purposes )
- Preparing Voter Helpline APP on or before 5th Aug 2019
- Designing 1950 Process protocol and protocol for login through NGS
- Designing process protocol and protocol for login CSC/VFS
- Capacity Building and Training (Officers details to be updated)
- Preparing GIS module/ protocol – for Improved Maps, address, Section and Part standardization.
Parameter for monitoring progress w.r.t.
- Dashboard indicating Collection, Verification and address standardization
- Mechanism for generation of Alerts
- BLO Performance w.r.t. Collection and verification
- Provision of capturing Registered Death data at DEO level in ERO Net.
3. List of Activities to be done at CEO Level before 15th August 2019:-
- Sensitization, Motivation and Mobilization of Citizens and stakeholders and volunteers such as RWAs, Campus ambassadors, ELCs, BAGs etc.
- Devising and rolling out an effective SVEEP Plan, both conventional and through print, electronic and social media, to motivate citizens to use either NVSP or visit Facilitation centers so as to maximize information collection of the voters/electors/citizens
- Identification of officials to carry out EVP Programme
Identification and activation of engagement of CSCs, Other Voter Facilitation Centers or State Level Agencies to facilitate easy participation of citizens in EVP at front-end
- Signing of MoU, NDA and completion of other formalities for data safety and security.
- Identification of State Nodal person from dealing with CSCs to work as a link with ECI and establishing technical connectivity with NVSP, ERO Net and EVP Portal by identified CSCs/agencies
- Full-fledged pre-testing of the working of technical systems
- Display of ECI Verified Voter Facilitation Center Banner in each authorized Center.
- Fixing responsibilities of each person who is using portal for conduct of EVP for information collection and verification
- Training of personnel working at CSCs/VFCs
- Capacity Building/Training of stakeholders
- Training of DLMTs and ACLMTs by SLMTs and then cascaded training from District down to up to BLO.
- Sensitizing stakeholders repeatedly
- Training of 1950 Voter helpline Centers
- Briefing to Chief Secretary of the State regarding EVP, SSR 2020 and requesting them for full support.
- Activating mechanism of capturing Registered Death data at DEO level in ERO Net.
- Plan of action to effective implementation of EVP so that full verification is achieved by 30.09.2019.
4. List of Activities to be done ER Division and IT division along with Zona Sections:-
- To organize training at 4th Floor Conference Hall in the afternoon of on 7th August 2019 in which all US/Secy/PS/Sr Prl Secy and Sr DECs/DECs/DG must participate.
- Issue progress report to Zonal divisions every week and poor performing states on daily basis for required follow up.
- Periodical Review of states by VC on the progress of EVP
- Prepare Visit Schedule of Zonal Secy/PS/Sr Prl Secy (One visit each in months of Aug/Sept)