About This File
The term of existing State Legislative Assemblies of Haryana & Maharashtra is upto 2nd November, 2019 and 9th November, 2019, respectively.
2. To ensure free and fair election, the Commission has been following a consistent policy to the effect that officers directly connected with conduct of elections in an election going State/UT are not posted in their home districts or places where they have served for considerably long period. Keeping this in view, detailed transfer/posting instructions were issued vide letter of even number dated 16th January, 2019 in respect of the General Election to House of the People (Lok Sabha),2019 and State Legislative Assemblies of Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Odisha and Sikkim. (copy enclosed).
3. Accordingly, it is hereby advised that in respect of all government officers directly connected with the conduct of elections the following may be ensured
- that she/he is not posted in her/his home district
- that she/he has not completed three years in that district during last four (4.) years or would be completing 3 years on or before 31st October, 2019.
- that no DEO/RO/ARO/Poiice inspectors/Sub-inspector or above is posted back or allowed to continue in the AC/district where he/she was posted during the General/Bye elections held in the Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency prior to 31st October, 2017.
- that the officers/officials against whom the Commission had recommended disciplinary action in past and which is pending or which has resultedin a penalty or the officers who have been charged for any lapse in any election or election related work in the past, may not be assigned any election related duty. Further, any officer, who is due to retire within the coming six months, shall not be associated with any election related duty.
4. The Commission's aforesaid advisory may be brought to notice of all concerned for strict and timely compliance.
What's New in Version
Hindi version added