Electoral Roll Division
By e-mail/Speed Post
ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA
NIRVACHAN SADAN, ASHOKA ROAD, NEW DELHI -110001
The Chief Electoral Officers of all States & UTs
(except Haryana, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir and Maharashtra)
Subject: - Revised schedule for Special Summary Revision of Photo Electoral Rollsw.r.t. 01.01.2020 as the qualifying date and Electors Verification Programme (EVP)- regarding.
1. Letter Nos.23/LET/ECI/FUNC/ERD-ER/2019, dated 25.07.2019
2. Letter No.23/2019-ERS (Vol.-III), dated 31.07.2019
3. Letter No.23/LET/ECI/FUNC/ERD-ER/2019, dated 02.08.2019
4. Letter No.23/2019-ERS (Vol.-III), dated 09.08.2019
5. Letter No.23/2019-ERS (Vol.-III), dated 30.08.2019, and
6. Letter No.23/2019-ERS (Vol.-III), dated 28.09.2019
I am directed to refer to the Commission’s letters mentioned above on the subject cited whereby schedule for the Special Summary Revision of Photo Electoral Rolls w.r.t. 01.01.2020 and Electors Verification Programme (EVP) along with the necessary instructions/guidelines were communicated. The commission has reviewed the progress of EVP. It has been observed that the progress of EVP is considerably slow and verification/authentication of large number of electors is yet to be done. Large numbers of Forms are also being received for inclusion/deletion/correction, which are to be disposed of before draft publication. The Commission has also received requests from CEOs for more time to complete the remaining work.
2. Keeping in view the position mentioned above, the Commission has decided to extend the period for completion of EVP and accordingly changed the schedule of SSR, 2020, as per the table given below. As general election to the Legislative Assembly of Delhi is due in the first quarter of next year, a separate schedule has been fixed for EVP and SSR, 2020 in Delhi.
EVP and other pre-revision activities including rationalization of polling stations.
To be extended upto 31st October, 2019 (Thursday)
To be extended upto 18th November, 2019 (Monday)
Publication of Integrated draft electoral roll
By 15th November, 2019 (Friday)
By 25th November, 2019 (Monday)
Period for filing claims & objections
From 15th November, 2019 (Friday) to 16th December, 2019 (Monday)
From 25th November, 2019 (Monday) to 24th December, 2019 (Tuesday)
Disposal of Claims and Objections
By 26th December, 2019 (Thursday)
By 10th January, 2020 (Friday)
Preparation of Supplements
By 2nd January, 2020 (Thursday)
By 17th January, 2020 (Friday)
Final Publication of electoral roll
On 6th January, 2020 (Monday)
On 20th January, 2020 (Monday)
3. The BLOs shall be directed to do verification work with assistance of BLO App. However, where BLO app is not working, BLOs will do House to House verification in necessary formats in hard copy.
4. Four Formats for house to house verification i.e. Format – I (for existing electors), Format – II (for unenrolled eligible citizens), Format-III (for feedback on existing polling stations), Format-IVA (for prospective electors, who will be eligible in SSR, 2020) and Format-IVB (for prospective electors, who will be eligible in SSR, 2021) have been devised and the same are being sent herewith. No separate handbill is required to be given/collected by BLOs, as the necessary fields of handbill have been included in Format-I.
5. As per existing instructions, the electors have been asked to authenticate their entries individually with one of the documents mentioned in the list approved by the Commission and the BLOs have also been asked to collect a copy of the document authenticated. This instruction has been modified in light of the suggestions received from CEOs.It has been decided that henceforth authentication with a document in respect of head of the family will be sufficient in respect of entries of all other family members. The BLOs may see the physical document and should not insist for copy of the same. If the elector refuses/objects to give/show the copy of any of the document, BLO may mention that in his report and his verification should be taken as complete if, the elector is found to be physically residing at the place/address mentioned in the electoral roll.
6. The Commission has further directed that non-standard EPIC numbers should be converted to standard 10 digit alphanumeric numbers for making EPIC number as unique no. of the elector which will continue with the same elector throughout his life, irrespective of his migration from one place to another. The issuance of fresh EPIC with new EPIC number may be done, depending upon availability of funds at the state level. For updating old EPIC numbers to new EPIC numbers, provision is being given to ERO in the ERO-Net itself. Detailed mechanism in the matter is being prepared by the IT Division of the Commission. Wherever the mobile number of elector is available, a message may be sent regarding the updated EPIC number to the elector concerned. It has also been decided that while printing such EPIC both the numbers will be printed on it. A sample copy of the EPIC is enclosed herewith.
7. The Commission has directed that all the activities of EVP like verification of entries of existing electors, collection of details/forms in respect of un-enrolled eligible citizens/dead/permanently shifted electors, standardization of addresses, collection of feedback on polling stations and their rationalization, collection of details of deceased electors from the points of last rites, verification of DSEs and logical errors etc., shall be completed in the extended period.
8. All the officials/ officers concerned shall be informed of the Commission’s above directions for its compliance.
9. Wide publicity to the modified schedule of SSR, 2020 shall be made through all available media. Political Parties shall be informed of the modified schedule in writing.