Integrated Contact Centre- National Grievances Service Portal
Toll-Free: 1800111950 (National Contact Centre) / 1950 (State Contact Centre)
Visit NGSP Portal
The fastest way to lodge your grievance is by visiting to the online portal of Election Commission of India here. You can lodge both Election and Non-Election Related Complaints. Simply log in and write to us. You will get the acknowledgement with an ID. Visit NGSP Portal
Use ECI Citizen Android App
If you are an Android Smartphone user, then go to the play store and download the ECI Citizen App. You can lodge the Grievance by using the mobile app.
Call Up National Contact / State Contact Centre
Every vote counts. And so does every voter. Serving every elector flawlessly is the commitment of Election Commission of India that it has lived up to time and again. The Commission has added another feather to its cap with the setup of National Contact Centre and a toll-free No. 1800111950. Now any citizen from any part of the country can call on the toll-free in English or Hindi with any query or complaint at any time of the day. Callers can enquire on subjects such as elections, voting dates, EPIC, electoral roll, online registration and lodge a complaint by simply dialling into the toll-free no. Not only this, executives also make outbound calls for educating the electors and spreading voter awareness.
The Integrated Contact Centre is operated on a National Grievance Redressal System Software. This software is a single window platform to manage complaints and feedback received through calls, emails, SMS and website access in an integrated and time-bound manner. Callers may connect with the executives to register a complaint and know about its status of receipt and disposal as well as to give suggestions and feedback at every step of the way.
The Contact Centre is Commission’s step forward towards bringing about electoral reforms where citizens and officials are empowered to monitor and report any anomaly or violation of ECI instructions in the field before, during or post elections. The citizen observer may notify the same to the contact centre for necessary action to be taken while the caller’s identity is kept anonymous. The Contact Centre houses trained executives who have domain knowledge and answers to FAQs by citizens. They have instant access to ECI web portals for responding to queries and dispensing required information about the electoral process.
State Contact Centre
Each state and UT had set up and operationalized dedicated State Contact Centre (SCC) and District Contact Centre (DCC) to ensure seamless flow of information across the contact centres for handling issues/ query from citizens. National Contact Centre has the IT protocols to ensure that any call landing at NCC is properly redirected to the respective State Contact Centre.
State Contact Centre functions during working hours and working days of the state with a dedicated IT & communication structure. They have translated all the document available at NCC in the respective regional languages. SCC will continue to take direct calls from citizens in all regional language of the state in their respective toll-free numbers and all redirected calls from the National Contact Centre in English and Hindi. State Contact Centre will only use National Grievance Redressal System software to lodge all Grievances.
Each District has dedicated official at the District level to respond to any queries emanating from NCC and/or SCC. Suitable Deputy District Election Officer (Dy. DEO) is to be nominated by District Election Officer (DEO) as the DCC with requisite IT and communications facilities. All information to NCC and SCC pertaining to that District including grievances disposal status will henceforth be provided by DCC.
With operationalization of Integrated Contact Centre, ECI is able to provide multilingual support to all the citizens across the nation in a decentralized and integrated manner.
Election Commission has set up the National Contact Centre in Delhi and State Contact Centre in all the State / UT Capitals. Now information, Suggestion, Feedback and Complaint (IFSC) is as simple as making a call.
- The National Contact Centre Toll-Free number is 1800-11-1950
- National Contact Centre Operational between 8 AM to 8 PM on all working days
- Serve all stakeholders like Citizens, Electors, Political parties, Candidates, Media and Election officials for Obtaining Information, giving feedback, suggestions and for knowing the status of complaints.
- Both in English and Hindi Language
- You can call 1950 to connect to State Contact Centre and get the information and status in your regional language.
- State Contact Centre is operational during State Working Days and time.
Roles and Responsibilities of the National Contact Centre
- Take all the calls at 1800111950 received from the public from 8 AM to 8 PM on all working days.
- Lodge all complaints relating to Election Commission of India- HQ Complaints over NGS Portal.
- Respond to Information, Suggestion and Feedback (ISF) and also respond to queries/ issues/status of Grievance relating to ECI over the phone in Hindi and English only.
- Transfer calls relating to states in following conditions:
- Call received in regional language (other than English and Hindi) of all types (Complaints /ISF) to respective State Contact Centre
- Calls received in any language relating to Complaints pertaining to States / UTs
- Lodge and log all complaints of states beyond the working hours of the States on NGS Portal.
- Record all calls received at the NCC
- Respond to all emails received at the PRGS Division of ECI and lodge complaints received through email at NGS Portal.
Maintain the records of SCC and District Contact Points and get information from them relating to any queries/ question landing at NCC
Roles & Responsibilities of State Contact Centre
- Operational during working days and working hours of the respective State / UT
- Handle all calls landing at 1950
- Lodge all complaints received directly at 1950 or redirected from NCC, pertaining to the state / UT in the NGS Portal.
- Respond to Information, Suggestion and Feedback (ISF) and also respond to queries/ issues/status of Grievance relating to respective State / UT over the phone.
- SCC should handle all communications coming from voice calls, emails, fax, postal letter and all other communication mediums.
- All communications from Public should invariably be lodged only in NGS.
- Redirect the misplaced calls to respective State, UT or NCC on the identified PRI number.
- Take information from DCC and update the status over NGS Portal.
- Keep all voice recording of calls landing at 1950
- SCC should have a dedicated Nodal Officer at CEO office
- Maintain updated list of District Contact Centre and District Contact Officer details.
Regularly monitor the progress and status of all complaints
Roles & Responsibilities of District Contact Centre
- The dedicated officer designated as District Contact Officer (DCO)
- Operational during all working days and working hours.
- No direct calls from Public. Only handle calls received from NCC and SCC.
- DCC should be capable of handling calls in all languages prevailing in the respective state.
- Keep the NGS portal tickets / Complaints updated with responses and disposal.
- DCO will be solely responsible for updation and disposal of all tickets lodged at NGS Portal for its district.
- The DCO will be responsible for the escalation cases (Cases pending on NGS Portal beyond stipulated time limit) relating to its jurisdiction i.e. ERO, RO, DEO, BLO etc.
Maintain the list of all responsible officials like DEO/ RO/ ERO/ AERO/ BLO and other election-related officials of the district.
Write an Email
Use the email ID complaints[at]eci.gov.in to lodge a complaint
Visit ERO/DEO/CEO office
In case you are not able to use the above services, you can directly approach Electoral Roll Officer, District Election Officer, Chief Electoral Officer and give your grievance in writing. ERO/DEO/CEO is obliged to give you complain ID and acknowledgement.
For Overseas Electors, a special email ID has been created help.overseas.elector[at]eci.gov.in and a WhatsApp business number 813078-1950 has been created and mobile has been provided to the National Contact Centre.